Welcome to Owl Class!
Owls class is made up of 27 year two children. My name is Mrs Rutherford and along with Mrs Bradford we will be supporting both your child and you through the next year. In the meantime if you have any queries please do not hesitate to speak to me or any adult on the door.
The Fun Continues with more busy and fun filled learning experiences
This term we are going to be introducing our new topic of "Castles".
Below you will see the link to the Castles topic homework.
The children have the whole half term to complete an activity and bring it in to share with the class.
SATS Information Evening
Maths Parents Workshop Presentation
Learning Week commencing: Monday 18h Mrch 2019
We will be writing about our visit to Oxford castle and writing instructions on how a dragon can look after their human.
We will be assessing the work we have been covering this term.
We will be completing making out dragons.
We will be planting our vegetable plot
Spring Term Notices
Owls Class timetable for this term is stored above. It highlights the general plan for the next half term, however this is flexible and can sometimes change if special events arise.
PE will be on Tuesday afternoon and will be focusing on Gymnastics. Please ensure that your children have their PE kits in school all the time and that all their clothing is named.
Keyrings, Please can we ask that your child only has one key ring on their bag for identification purposes. With too many key rings on their bags the children find it hard to fit all their bags in their individual tray.
Mrs Rutherford, Mrs Bradford
Show and Tell
Show and Tell will be "What's in the bag". Children will be chosen at random. They will choose a bag, take it home, place something inside and bring it back the following Friday. They will then be asked questions by their peers as they try to guess what is in the bag!
Held on a Thursday after school for 30 minutes.
- As this club is very popular we have to restrict the number of children who attend to 15, 5 per key stage 1 class.
- A sign up sheet will be placed on the classroom doors on a Monday morning for that week. If your child attends breakfast and you are not their on Monday mornings but would like your child to attend mathletics please email via the office.
- We hope that all children will have the opportunity to attend this club at some point throughout the term.
Please look at the topic homework posted above and help you child produce a piece on our topic of Castles to bring in at some point this term to share with their class.
Weekly/ Daily homework
- Reading, daily reading really has a huge impact. Reading a few pages and then discussing these is the most important strategy to ensure your child has understood what they have read.
- Spellings, The children will be given a set of weekly spellings, this term they will be focussing on the sight words your children need to know. Each week when I test the children we also cover a random selection of spellings from the previous weeks covered. This informs me of whether the children are retaining their spellings and whether they should be able to apply this skill when they write. (Strategies, look, cover, write, check. Sounding out can be useful but only as a last resort. Please encourage your child to look carefully at the words once they have written it and think to themselves does that look right?
- Mathletics, the website is always available for children to practise their skills. Each week I will state the topic of maths that we will be focussing on for your child to log on and practise.
USEFUL WEBSITE LINKS
Articulation of phonemes