ROBERT PIGGOTT CofE SCHOOLS
The schools publish a set of rules for the use of computers at school. All children sign up to these rules in a section of the Home School Agreement. A copy of the agreement for internet usage is below.
RESPONSIBLE INTERNET USE AGREEMENT
The school has computers with Internet access to help our learning. The following rules will help to keep everyone safe and help us be fair to others.
- I will ask permission from a member of staff before using the Internet.
- I will use only my own login and password, which I will keep secret.
- I will not access other people’s files.
- I will use the computers only for school work and homework.
- I will not use my own memory stick in school without permission from my teacher.
- I will only e-mail people I know or my teacher has approved.
- The messages I send will be polite and sensible.
- I will not give my home address or phone number, or arrange to meet someone, unless my parent, carer or teacher has given permission.
- To help protect other pupils and myself, I will tell a teacher if I see anything I am unhappy with or I receive messages I do not like.
- I understand that the school may check my computer files and may monitor the Internet sites I visit.