ROBERT PIGGOTT CofE SCHOOLS
The Robert Piggott Primary Schools PTA is the joint Parent Teacher Association for the Infant and Junior Schools. We are a very active, friendly and welcoming PTA, and the Committee and numerous parent volunteers work really hard to organise fun, social events that help to raise much needed funds for our schools and children.
Every parent or carer of a child at either school automatically becomes a member of the PTA so we look forward to welcoming you in to one of our meetings or events.
WHAT ARE OUR OBJECTIVES?
- Developing relationships and facilitating communication between the staff, parents, governors and others associated with the schools
- Running activities or providing facilities/equipment to support the schools, advance the education of the pupils and help to promote the Christian values of the school
- Organising social, educational and fundraising events for the children and their families
WHY IS THE PTA NEEDED?
Robert Piggott Infant and Junior Schools appreciate and rely on the fundraising efforts of the PTA. Government funding provides essentials for the schools but PTA fundraising allows the schools to invest in additional equipment and facilities that enhance the schools and our children’s education.
In the past year, funds raised by the PTA have provided/supported:
- 7 New Smart White Boards
- Infant School play area bark and equipment
- Junior School Oven
- Outdoor education
- Reindeer visit
- Pantomime coach
SOCIAL AND FUNDRAISING EVENTS DURING THE PAST YEAR
- School Disco
- Christmas Bazaar
- Team Super Schools
- Inter-Schools Quiz Night
- Parent's Retro Disco
- Sports Day Teas
- Summer Fayre
- Film Clubs
- Reading FC Ticket Sales
- Uniform Sales
- Bags2School Textile Recycling
- Fun Mats
- Photography Vouchers
- Ice cream sale
- Wrapping paper and cards - Northbrook
- Easyfundraising - shop online and raise money for the school - www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/robertpiggottprimaryschoolpta
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
We really appreciate whatever amount of time, however small, that parents can spare to help us. You may be able to organise an event, be involved in a Sub-Committee, bake a cake for a class sale, help out on a fete stall or ring around local businesses to ask for donations. Or you can simply support us by coming along and enjoying one of our events. Every bit really does make a difference to the schools.
If you are interested in finding out more about the PTA and how you can get involved, please email any one of the current Committee members.
PTA FACEBOOK GROUP LINK & SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY 2016
READING FOOTBALL BOOKING & TICKETING SCHEME
To book tickets for a match please call the Ticket Office on 0118 968 1313 and quote our school name.
Fixtures subject to change. Tickets are subject to availability. Terms & Conditions apply.
Please ensure you call before the booking deadline.
Further information: email@example.com Tel: Group and Events Department on 01189 681012